PM eVIDYA: To enhance the initiative of Digital India, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman recently announced the launching of the PM eVidya service with an aim to provide ease of access to free access to digital education across the country. The initiative came at a time when the aftermath of COVID led to the lockdown across the whole country ultimately hindering offline education. Thus, this eVidya initiative works on the ground of Aatmanirbhar Bharat (Self-reliable India) and is a multi-medium and flexible union of various portals and medium such as Digital/ Radio/ Television, etc to impart free access to education.
|Scheme Name||PM eVidya|
|Launched on||17th May 2020|
|Launched under||Ministry of Education (Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank)|
|Launched By||Finance Minister Ms Nirmala Sitharaman|
|Scheme Type||Central Government|
|Scheme Aim||To provide quality educational content to the students via multiple online/DTH platforms|
|Scheme mode||Free mode of access to online education|
|Beneficiaries||Elementary to Advanced Students of India|
- 1 About PM e-Vidya Yojana
- 2 Benefits of PM eVidya Initiative
- 3 Important Information Regarding Evidya Scheme
- 4 EVidya Union Portals
- 5 How to run DIKSHA Portal in the System?
- 6 Courses on Diksha
- 7 TV Classes
- 8 How to Register on Diksha portal?
- 9 How to LOGIN into PM Diksha portal?
- 10 How to access DTH Channels in Swayam Prabha?
- 11 How to Register for Swayam Prabha?
- 12 How to Login into Swayam Prabha?
- 13 PM Vidya Helpline
- 14 Frequently Asked Questions
About PM e-Vidya Yojana
PM eVidya is a unified online study initiative taken by the Government of India that provides comprehensive portals to digitally access quality content. It comprises the amalgamation of various e-portals launched by the government. PM eVidya is a unique and innovative venture by the Ministry of Education, Government of India to facilitate multi-mode access to digital/online teaching-learning contents of various types among students and teachers. The uniqueness of the PM e-Vidya lies in its comprehensive accessibility for all as it caters to the education content to all with its multi-mode set-up of remote learning platforms including the internet, radio, community radio, podcast, and TV.
Objectives of the PM eVidya
Provided below are the objectives to define the significance of Launching PM evidya Yojana:
- To unite the various government e-portals together as per the customisation of interest and preference of the user.
- To enhance the digital medium of literacy through imparting online education.
- To not let the pace of learning stop at the time of hindrance to lock down or anytime.
- To provide the study materials fully updated as per the graphics and content standards making an ace over traditional form of teaching.
Benefits of PM eVidya Initiative
Within the time of launch and usage thereafter, the initiative and the portals under the Evidya have received rave reviews from the beneficiaries. Provided below are some of the benefits provided under the PM eVidya scheme:
- Ease of access to the government’s education portals.
- It boosts the efficiency and effectiveness of the students
- There has been the removal of the geographical barrier through digitalized/telecasted mediums of education.
- Removal of the burden from the educators/teachers who are prone to face the network glitches and syllabus completion task as the students continuity didn’t break throughout the portal.
- Developed and designed study material has good usage of content along with it for better imparting of knowledge with skills to the student.
- Students deprived of online access get the alternative of receiving the education through telecasted mediums of Television, Radio, etc. for free.
- Special children or disabled children too are received the web education portal especially designed to cater the education as per the sign language and other such criteria.
Important Information Regarding Evidya Scheme
PM Evidya programme entitles to some crucial points which have been mentioned below:
- The evidya program has collaborated with 100 reputed universities of India to impart basic to higher education from 30th May 2020 onward in continuing the growth of education.
- All the education sub portals of the initiative are free to access from all the source mediums
- Applications/Portals have been embedded with the QR codes which shall locate the user to the dashboard of the study material from any corner of India.
- There has been the allocation of Rs 818.7 crore by the Department of School Education and Literacy for the enhancement of learning online through various digital initiatives and Rs 267.86 crores for training the teachers online for professional upliftment.
- A national curriculum framework is all set to be launched under the initiative for schools, preparatory and middle schools children, and for teachers to get global integrity and attain the global standards.
- There is a provision to launch the National Foundational Literacy and Numeracy Mission with a target that each student attains the results and knowledge till 5th standard by the year 2025 is to get functional from December 2020 onward.
EVidya Union Portals
Since the PM Evidya is an initiative and union of various educational platforms of the government. Therefore it comprises the following portals associated within it under One Nationwithin it stated below:
Diksha stands for Digital Infrastructure for Knowledge Sharing. It is an online digital platform launched recently that provides quality education study materials to the primary and secondary standards from Class 1st to Class 12th. April 2020 saw the launch of the education subsidiary of DIKSHA portal called VidyaDaan that allows the acceptance of educational resources from various patrons of educational institutions, subject experts, etc.
Swayam Prabha is a portal that comprises 34 DTH channels that are telecasted on the various national televisions/ Radios in accordance to different frequency and channels as per the Radio and Television connections respectively. Every day features fresh content for a minimum of 4 hours that is also repeated 5 more times a day ensuring that the student is not deprived due to the time management issue.
Hereby the content providers are the certified and decorated educational bodies like NPTEL, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Universities Grant Commission (UGC), Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), National Council for Education and Research Training (NCERT), and National Institute for Open Schooling (NIOS). etc and the portal is maintained by the INFLIBNET.
SWAYAM NPTEL MOOCS
Swayam is a Sanskrit Acronym that stands for Study webs for Active learning for Young aspiring minds that is a massive open online across platforms. It offers free access to everyone and is from Class 9th to Post graduation.
Digitally Accessible Information System (DAISY)
Under the Evidya initiative, the children with special needs and hearing impairment have also been taken into consideration. Thus, there has been a launch of One DTH channel for these children that offers the content in sign language. Study material hereby is designed and developed by Digitally Accessible Information System (DAISY) and has its availability on the official website of NIOS and the Youtube platform.
Students all across India are bestowed with the E-Pathshala portal of the government headed under National Information Centre (NIC) and designed under the National Council for Education and Research Training(NCERT). Hereby the students are provided with e-textbooks, e-resources such as audio and videos of around 3500 pieces which can be easily accessible under the Android, web or Ios operating system. More than 600 digital books including 377 e-textbooks (grades 1 to 12) are available in the portal in various classical and regional languages of India.
NROER stands for National Repository of Open Educational Resources. It is an open storehouse of the content available online in its portal with approximately 17,500 pieces of online content available for all the standards of the schools throughout and has a range of various subjects within it.
It is an initiative under the Evidya Programme and is a part of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat Programme. It deals in imparting independent learning, creativity, fitness sessions, peer meetups, online education through various webinars with experts, virtual meetups, plan activities meant for the children etc along with the tips to the parents for smooth upbringing. Thus, promoting the psycho social support for mental well being of the family.
How to run DIKSHA Portal in the System?
Provided below are the steps to run the Diksha portal in the system:
- Open the web browser and type diksha.gov.in on the URL
- Before accessing the main web portal, the initial display menus will appear in the order. In the Welcome to Diksha menu, Tap on the category of yours (Teacher/Student/Parent/Admin) and Hit the Continue button provided at the bottom
- The next portal will ask for the location of the Applicant in which the Applicant has to provide State and District name from the drop-down bars respectively.
- Now the user will be redirected to the homepage of the DIKSHA.
- Here the Applicant needs to Click on Explore Diksha Button and the Dashboard of the web portal will appear.
- From the Dashboard, the Applicant needs to click on the respective section He/She wants to seek the information.
- The page will comprise the 4 sections:
- Digital Textbooks
- TV Classes
- Upon the left side of the List, the column will be the customisation menu where Board, Class, and User type is displayed.
- The student will need to select from the drop-down menu the Education Board, Choose the Medium of the Languages available, Class type whether Secondary or Senior Secondary, and lastly Tap on the Student from the user type.
- The desired search results of the Digital textbooks will appear on the screen
Digital textbooks is the first section under the DIKSHA portal that comprises the significant amount of energised textbooks embedded with the QR code for the elementary to secondary students from a wider range of subjects in the PDF format and are downloadable also.
The customisation from the list bar appearing at the left corner is as follows:
- Board of Education
- Mode of Education
- User type
- Once the user customize the following details, his/her desired information will appear on the portal
Courses on Diksha
The courses section of the Diksha portal comprise the details provided below:
- The filter options of the courses are as follows:
- Organisation name
- Mode of the language
- Class/Stream/Field of Profession
- Subjects from a wide range
- Once all the filters are applied successfully, courses will be customised and displayed in accordance to the desired results.
TV classes are the 3rd segment where the user will need to tap on the Board, Mode Lingua, and hit on the search button. All the telecasted videos as per the search result will be displayed on the screen.
The All section denotes the mixing up of all the customisation of Class, subject, Board, Lingua Franca, content type(whether Digital, e-textbook, or explainable content). Appearing below is the image that covers all the aspects of the DIKSHA Dashboard.
How to Register on Diksha portal?
Provided below are the steps to Register for Diksha Portal:
- Open the Register Portal of the Diksha e-learning.
- Inside the registration portal, the Applicant needs to provide the Date of Birth, Official name, Registered Mobile number, Email address, OTP sent into the registered mobile number/e-mail address.
- Now applicant must create a minimum 8 digit password having lower/upper case letters/numerals and special characters with no spaces and retype the same again.
- Lastly click on the undertaking, tick mark and Tap on the Register button.
- The dashboard of the Applicant will be created successfully.
How to LOGIN into PM Diksha portal?
Follow the simple procedure as shown below to Login into PM Diksha Portal:
- Open the Official Login portal of PM Diksha Portal
- Hereby in the Login section, provide the Registered email address/Mobile number along with the password created.
- Lastly Click on the Login button and the Dashboard will appear on the screen
How to access DTH Channels in Swayam Prabha?
To access DTH channels one should consider that:
- He/She has installed DD Free Dish from the nearest operator.
- He/she doesn’t have scrambled the Channel number.
- The channel number is part of the base package of the aspirant
How to Register for Swayam Prabha?
Proceed with the following steps to register for Swayam Prabha:
- Visit the Official web portal of Swayamprabha
- Once the homepage appears in the screen.
- Tap on the Registration being displayed on the top right corner.
- You will be redirected to the registration window of Swayam prabha.
- So to get registered, provide your:
- Email iD
- Contact number
- Password(to be created of 8 digits at minimum)
- Generated captcha code
- Lastly, Click on the Signup button and yo will be registered successfully in the Swayamprabha
How to Login into Swayam Prabha?
Follow the below steps to Login into Swayam Prabha:
- Visit the official website of SwayamPrabha
- On the homepage, just beside the Registration is the LOGIN option being displayed
- Tap on the LOGIN and the separate Login window will appear on the screen.
- Hereby, Provide the Login credentials such as Email, Password, Role/User type, Captcha.
- At last, take a preview and Click the Login button to successfully open your respective Dashboard.
PM Vidya Helpline
If the applicant has a query/suggestion/hindrance in the context of PM e-Vidya scheme,He/She may call on +91 79-23268347 from 9:30 AM To 6:00 PM on working official working day
Shall drop the mail for concern at firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
As of now, the DIKSHA portal has the content available in 10 Indian languages: Hindi, English, Punjabi, Marathi, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Odia, Assamese, and Bengali.
The SWAYAM-PRABHA is a amalgamation of around 34 DTH channels telecasted 24*7 on the DTH platforms and ensure high quality educational programs on daily basis via GSAT-15 satellite. Each day brings up new content which has a repeat telecast for students.
Since it’s a DTH telecast platform. Therefore Knowledge is the foremost area of coverage and certificate is not covered.
Evidya portals have a wide range. Therefore candidates from UPSC, AIEEE, NEET, CLAT etc. shall prepare through the portal
NO! Diksha portal can be availed free of cost with rapid ease of access at any point in time