Join CRPF After Class 12th: Central Reserve Police Force or CRPF is a huge organization. It has 243 Battalions that include 204 executive battalions, 6 Mahila Battalions, 15 RAF Battalions, 10 CoBRA Battalions, 5 Signal Battalions, and 1 Special Duty Group, 1 Parliament Duty Group. To give the world-class training and facilities to its people CRPF has 43 Group Centers, 20 training Institutions, 3 Central Weapon Stores, 7 Arms Work Shop, 3 Static Workshop, 4 Composite Hospitals with 100 beds and 17 Composite Hospitals with 50 beds.
CRPF was established on the 27th of July 1939 as Crown Representative’s Police. Later on, after independence on the 28th of December 1949, it became Central Reserve Police Force. It is India’s premier and largest paramilitary force of the Union of India We all know about the bravery CRPF jawans show in most sensitive areas of India like Kashmir. It comes under the central government. This force is deployed by the central government to perform the following duties; via wiki
- Overall coordination of large-scale security arrangement
- VIP protection
- Environmental degradation checking
- Fighting aggression
- Crowd control
- Riot control
- Counter militancy/insurgency operations
- Participating in UN Peace Keeping Mission
- Rescue and relief operations (during natural calamities)
- 1 Career in CRPF
- 2 How to Join in CRPF
- 3 Eligibility Criteria to Join CRPF After 12th on Different Posts
- 4 CRPF Selection Procedure for Head Constable
- 5 CRPF Final Selection
Career in CRPF
As we have mentioned above that CRPF is a huge organization so it requires many people to fill vacant and new posts on a different level. To do this CRPF releases the recruitment notification on time to time to fill the various posts. CRPF hires people with the qualification of 8th standard to graduation. For a few posts like the doctor, engineers the CRPF also releases specific educational requirement too. Most of the aspirants try their luck to be a part of CRPF after the 12th. So here in this article, we will tell you how you can join CRPF after 12th.
Types of Jobs Central Reserve Police Force
CRPF has an ample number of posts and profiles however the age limit and the eligibility criteria are different for each post. This is the reason that CRPF releases the vacancies for a doctor and 8th class pass out as well. Here have a look at the different posts available in CRPF;
- Assistant Commandant: It’s a responsible post and people on this post are responsible to take an important decision and to lead the troop on the field. This post is similar to Group A’s post.
- Sub Inspector: A SI is one of the most preferred posts in CRPF among the eligible candidates. It is an important rank officer job. A SI has to report directly to their superior and ASI, Constable and Senior Constable come under them. It is the duty of SI to maintain law and order in the deployed places. Read more here
- Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI): ASI is the responsible person in Platoon and second in charge after the SI. They have direct reporting to the SI.
- Head Constable: Head Constables are deployed to fulfill the general duty in riots affected area and outposts etc.
- Along with the aforementioned posts, CRPF also needs doctors and SI and Head Constable for some specific posts.
How to Join in CRPF
CRPF gives the opportunity to both male and female applicants to join it. You can be a part of such a reputed organization whether you have pass outclass 8th or graduation. The educational requirements for different posts are different and depend on the rank of vacant posts. Here have a look at the details given below to know how can you be a part of CRPS and at which level;
- Assistant Commandant (Group A Gazetted Officer): CRPF has allotted 50% vacant posts are for local promotion and to fill the rest 50% CRPF conducts direct recruitment. In this recruitment, the organization conducts competitive examination through SSB (CPOs) in rotation by paramilitary forces.
- Sub- Inspector: Only 25% of the vacancies that come in a year are filled through direct recruitment through Staff Selection Commission. In this recruitment, CRPF conducts PET and written test.
- Constable (GD) – 100% vacancies for this post are filled through direct recruitment. CRPF invites applicants from interested candidates online and conducts the recruitment process.
- Constable (Tech/Trade) – For the recruitment of Tradesmen and Technical Staff is the recruitment process is decentralized and the vacancies are filled by Unit Commandant under the directions of Sectors IsGP.
- Followers– Under this category following posts are covered; Cook/ Water Carrier/ Barber/ Washerman/ Safai Karamchari. They get hired in CRPF by respective Unit Commandant under the directions of Sectors IsGP.
- Head Constable: CRPF releases online notification to invite the application from interested candidates.
- Assistant Sub- Inspector (ASI): Same as above.
Eligibility Criteria to Join CRPF After 12th on Different Posts
CRPF gives the opportunity to the aspirants to be a part of this organization after 10+2 only. If you have completed your 12th then you can apply to join CRPF on different posts. Here have a look at the table given below to know the eligibility criteria to join CRPF after 12th;
|Constable||Men||SSLC/ Matriculation||18-23||170cms||Proportionate to height and age||80-85 cms|
|Head Constable (HC) General||Plus Two||18-25||167.5cms||Proportionate to height and age||80-85|
|Head Constable (HC) Steno/ Typist Men/ Women||+2, typing speed in English 40 words, Hindi 30 words Per minute.|
Eng./Hindi shorthand speed 80 words per minute.
|18-25||165cms||Proportionate to height and age||77-82|
|Head Constable (HC) Ministerial||+2, 25-word typing speed||18-25||165cms||Proportionate to height and age||77-82|
CRPF Selection Procedure for Head Constable
Here have a look at the selection procedure to join CERPF after 12th;
- Stage I – CRPF Written Examination 2020 (LDCE)
- Stage II – Physical Measurement
- Stage III – Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Stage IV – Checking Testimonials
- Stage V – Medical Examination
Now have a look at the different stages and understand how the recruitment is done in CRPF on Head Constable posts after 12th.
Exam Pattern For Written Exam
The written exam for the post of Head Constable in CRPF will be as follows;
|Subject/Topic||Number of Questions||Marks|
|General Intelligence, Awareness, Reasoning, Numerical Ability||60||60|
|Language Comprehension and Communication Skills||30||30|
Exam Pattern for Physical Measurement
On clearing the written exam of CRPF for Head constable post the applicant will have to face the physical measurement round. The standard of this round will be as applicable to CT/GD entry cadre:
- Height: Minimum height for male candidates is– 162.5 to 170 cms and for female candidates, it is 150 – 157 cms
- Chest (For Male Candidates Only): Unexpanded – 76 to 80 cms, Expanded – 81 – 85 cms
- Weight: Should be proportional to height as per medical standards.
Physical Efficiency Test (PET) to Join CRPF after 12th
All the candidates will have to clear the PET too to be a part of CRPF. If the applicant posses the minimum physical standards then he/she has to clear the PET. This exam is qualifying in nature and does not carry any marks. Have a look at the table given below to understand the pattern of the exam;
All candidates possessing minimum physical standards will be required to undergo CRPF PET (Physical efficiency test). CRPF PET does not carry any marks and is of qualifying nature only.
|PET in CRPF for Female Candidates||PET in CRPF for Male Candidates|
|100-meter race in 18 seconds||100-meter race in 16 seconds|
|800-meter race in 4 minutes||1.6-Km race in 6.30 minutes|
|Long jump 9ft in 3 chances||Long jump 12ft in 3 chances|
|High jump 3ft in 3 chances||High jump 3ft 9 inches in 3 chances|
Checking Testimonials of the Candidates in CRPF
On clearing the CRPF LDCE written test, physical measurement, and PET the testimonials of the candidates get checked by the recruitment board. Those candidates who have credited some achievements in different activities like sports and others will get some additional marks. the additional marks will be given based on below mentioned criteria;
- Weightage for Good Grading in Courses – 20 Marks
- Weightage for Sports Achievement – 20 Marks
Medical Examination in CRPF
On clearing, all the stages as mentioned above the candidates will have to face the medical examination. The examination is done by the doctors in CRPF. It is a must for the candidates to clear this hurdle also in order to get a job in CRPF after 12th as head constable.
CRPF Final Selection
CRPF officials prepare a merit list once all the five stages of the recruitment will get completed. CRPF release the merit list for Head Constable separately for each category. The selection of the candidates will be based on the marks they have earned out of 220. In case of the same marks, the applicant older in age will get preference in alphabetical order. A list of selected candidates will be uploaded on the official website of CRPF.
The Last Word
In this article, we have compiled detailed information about joining CRPF after the 12th. In case of any further query feel free to write to us in the comment box below.