Haryana Mera Pani Meri Virasat scheme: Haryana Chief Minister has launched the ‘Mera Pani Meri Virasat’ scheme for Haryana farmers. Under this scheme government will give Rs 7000/- incentive per acre to such farmers who will not sow paddy and against this switch to some other alternative crop like maize, urad, cotton, bajra, til and other such crops who did not require too much water as paddy does. Through this, he wanted to save groundwater for their future generation. Farmers below in this article we are going to discuss the scheme Mera Pani Meri Virasat scheme in details and other important aspects and which the main concerned areas are and also the direct link so that you can apply for the scheme easily.
Update: Registration link for Mera Pani Meri virasat is given below
- 1 Haryana Mera Pani Meri Virasat scheme
- 2 हरियाणा मेरा पानी मेरी विरासत योजना रजिस्ट्रेशन
- 3 मेरा पानी मेरी विरासत scheme
- 4 Guidelines for Mera Pani Meri Virasat scheme
- 5 How to register for crop diversification under the Mera pani meri Virasat scheme?
Haryana Mera Pani Meri Virasat scheme
On Wednesday, May 5 CM of Haryana Manohar Lal Khattar has announced the scheme for the farmers in which they said if farmers switch from paddy to another crop they will be entitled to Rs 7000/- per acres. The main reason for launching this Mera Pani Meri Virasat scheme is to conserve water and increase the level of groundwater. Because there are so many areas in Haryana where the groundwater level has reached 35 meters low and if it will continue for few more years then the future generation will not going to have water in such areas.
He added on to this and said water conservation will be beneficial for their future generation and it was like the same as you left behind property for the next generation. He said that if they save water today then only this land will be useful for their next generation.
The incentive available under the Mera Pani Meri Virasat scheme
- इस योजना के अंतर्गत जिस भी किसान ने अपनी ज़मीन का कुल ५० % या उससे अधिक क्षेत्र पे धान के बजाय मक्का , कपास, बाजरा, दलहन सब्ज़ियाँ को उगाता है तो उस किसान को राज्य सरकार द्वारा ७००० रूपए प्रति एकड़ की दर से राशि प्रदान की जाएगी
- लगाई जाएँगी
हरियाणा मेरा पानी मेरी विरासत योजना रजिस्ट्रेशन
There are some areas in Haryana where the depletion of ground water level has doubled in the last decade which means at the start of last decade the level of water is at 20 meters but at the end of the decade it reach to 40 meters and if we did not change our system and conserve water then the future generation of such areas will bereaved from water then the land they kept as an inheritance for their generation will be of no use.
The main reason behind the depletion of water level is:
- Continuously sowing water-guzzling crops
- The withdrawal of groundwater is more than the recharge takes place from annual precipitation
- Excess use of water in irrigation of rice and wheat crops
What are the objectives of the मेरा पानी मेरी विरासत scheme?
The main objective of the scheme is:
- To reduce the area that uses most water-guzzling crop
- Restore the groundwater for the future generation
- To introduce resource conservation
- Use of technology for the establishment of the alternative crop for sustainable agriculture
- Shift the farmers from the paddy wheat cycle and provide them more profitable crop option.
मेरा पानी मेरी विरासत scheme
Through the Mera Pani Meri Virasat scheme the farmer has to diversify their at least 50% of cultivated paddy area to alternate crop mainly at the 8 blocks which we have given below.
Which are the eight blocks which need to diversify their paddy area to alternative crop?
The 8 areas of the state which need to sow an alternative crop in 50% of their cultivated paddy crop according to the last year are given as:
What are the alternative crops that they need to sow in place of paddy?
These areas need to sow the alternative crop in the 50% paddy area given as:
Guidelines for Mera Pani Meri Virasat scheme
- The farmer needs to diversify their at least 50% last year cultivated paddy crop to other alternative cops
- Such farmer will be given Rs 7000/- per acre for diversification to other crops from paddy
- Such block farmer will not be able to sow paddy in any new areas where last year paddy has not sown.
- Only that farmer will be eligible for the benefit that will diversify more than 50% of the paddy area.
- And those farmers who diversify less than 50% of their last year paddy will not receive any kind of benefit from the government and their paddy will not be procured by the agencies of state government.
- In such block the agricultural land of gram panchayats will not permit paddy in their lands.
- The farmer who is an operating tube well with 50HP motor not be able to grow paddy
- The diversified crop will be procured by the state government at MSP
- Maize dryer will be installed by the state government in the related grain market to soak the moisture from the maize
- The farmer who will install drip irrigation in their alternative crop field will receive an 85% subsidy.
- The government will establish the demonstration plot in such blocks to show the best result of such practice to all farmers.
- While those farmers who are not in the list of block mentions can also avail the benefit of the scheme if they follow such rules and diversified from paddy to alternative crop.
How to register for crop diversification under the Mera pani meri Virasat scheme?
To register for the scheme the farmer needs to follow the steps which we have given below:
- First of all click on the link given on this page
- Now on the home page, you will need to enter the Aadhaar number and press the next tab.
- Now on the next page, you need to submit the farmer details and after successfully submitting it press the next button
- After that, you need to enter the details of the total landholding
- After submitting the same press the next tab
- On next you need to submit the crop details and after doing this press the submit tab
- And your registration procedure will be completed.
Click here to register for the scheme
If you have any query related to the scheme or anything else then you may contact the authority on the given number or mail them. You can also write your query in comment section we would answer all your problems.
Telephone number: 0172-2571553/ 2571544
Fax: 0172- 2563242
Kisan call center: 18001801551
Toll-free helpline: 1800-180-2117
Email: email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Important contact list of the department: click here