KVPY- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana is a jointly funded scholarship programme by the central government and National Institute funded scholarship programme initiated in the year 1999. It was initiated with the goal of encouraging meritorious and innovative students from the fields of physical and life sciences to pursue a career in research and development. The students shortlisted for the scholarship are granted the stipend in their respected area from the autonomous body- the Indian Institute of Science. This article covers all the information of the details of the scheme such as eligibility, examination pattern, Registration procedure, and Fellowship.
- 1 Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana 2021
- 2 About KVPY Scholarship
- 3 How to Apply for Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Fellowship?
- 4 How to Download the Admit Card for KVPY Application?
- 5 Examination centres for KVPY Application
- 6 KVPY HelpDesk
- 7 Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana FAQS
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana 2021
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana is a scholarship/fellowship programme for scholars who are currently into graduation and post-graduation and have their major in the field of applied sciences such as Bsc./Msc. in Botany, zoology, chemistry, Ecology, Environmental science, Agriculture, Biotech, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics etc. or other such related subjects. The shortlisted scholars are entitled to the stipend under the scholarship. The mode of application of this scholarship is Online and the scholarship commences every academic year.
Overview of Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana
|Scholarship||Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana|
|Year of Establishment||1999|
|Scheme type||Jointly Funded by Union Government|
|Scheme Aim||Provide research opportunities to the meritorious scholars from the background of Life science|
|Date of commencement||September 2021(Tentative)|
|Due date of Application||October 2021(Tentative)|
|Aptitude Test Date||To Be Notified|
|Official web portal||http://www.kvpy.iisc.ernet.in|
|Notification PDF (last year)||Download Here|
Eligibility Criteria for Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana
The eligibility principle of the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana comprises the factors provided below:
- Fellowship is entitled to the scholars of Indian citizenship only.
- Students should be enrolled in the regular mode of study as the correspondence background is not selected.
- Applicant should have secured a minimum of 60% in their academic science field(Scheduled caste/Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Caste/PWD candidates are exempted with 10% of the 60% criteria)
- Generally, the student’s enrollment is divided into the cluster of 3-
- Stream SA
- Stream SX
- Stream SB
Stream SA- Students currently in their 10+1 standard who have achieved more than or equivalent to 75% marks(SC/ST/OBC has 10% exemption) in their high school examinations
Stream SX- Students currently in their 10+2 standard who have secured a minimum of 75%(65% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD)having science stream as the majors in their preceding class examinations
Stream SB– Students who at present are pursuing their Bsc. in various streams of Life sciences from a recognised university or educational institution who have obtained at least 60% marks(50% in the case of reserved category candidates) in their intermediate examinations have will be qualified to appear for the Aptitude Test of the fellowship. Post the result of whom shall lead to securing of fellowship.
About KVPY Scholarship
The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Fellowship is an annual fellowship provided to scholars with a background in science who have shown commendable performance in the area of science in their intermediate/graduation. The duration of the fellowship is applicable on the basis of the academic course’s duration of the student. The stipend provided under the fellowship is as per the 2 clusters. Provided below is the table representing the stipend under the KYPY scholarship:
|Life/Applied Science||Monthly Stipend||Yearly Entitlement|
|For cluster SA/SB/SX- From initial to final year of B.SC/Integrated M.Sc||Rs 5000||Rs 20000|
|For cluster Sa/Sb/SX- From 1st to final year of M.sc||Rs 7000||Rs 28000|
Additionally, the candidates who belong to the reserved sections of SC/ST/OBC/PWD are granted the secured seats as per the provision and exemption of 10% in all the clusters. The renewal of the Fellowship depends upon the academic performance of the scholar every year. Fellowship may be prone to termination if the Applicant fails to obtain the above par marks.
Perks and Benefits of KVPY Fellowship
KYPY fellowship benefits the scholar in various ways as shown below:
- The fellowship crafts the innovation and embarks the passion amongst the scholar to take research as a career or do exceptionally well in the research by providing the stipend to strengthen the monetary hindrance.
- The students in the graduation/post-graduation are provided with the summer camp whereby they are entitled to the research, projects from the academic institutions which are accompanied by the report showcasing the performance of the scholar throughout the program which shall be renewed if the scholar displays a satisfactory performance.
- KVPY Fellows are granted the Identity card issued by the IIS to get access to the study material/Laboratories/Library who are in association with the fellowship
KVPY Application Fee
- The Aptitude Test for the selection of fellows under the KVPY fellowship will be based on limited cities and is prone to change as per the situation of the Pandemic.
- So as to get the Idea of the examination format, the applicant shall download the Sample/mock test series through this link: http://www.kvpy.iisc.ernet.in/main/index.htm.
- The application fees for Registering into the KVPY Fellowship Aptitude test is as follows:
|For General Students||1250|
|For Reserved Category Students( ST/SC/OBC/Person with Disability)||625 (Excluding bank charges)|
KVPY fellowship Tentative Schedule for 2021
|Application starts from||September 2021(tentative)|
|Application ends on||October 2021(tentative)|
|Aptitude examination||January 2022(Tentative)|
Documents Required for KVPY Application
- During the time of filling out the Registration Form, the student must carry the documents shown below:
- Birth Certificate
- Identity Card(Voter ID(not required for minors in intermediate)/Aadhar Card
- High School Markesheet
- Intermediate Marksheet( For students under cluster SB and SX)
- Provisional transcript of the educational record of the semesters aggregate( In case the applicant is in the midst of His/Her graduation/postgraduation)
- A scanned copy of the Passport size photograph and Signature of the Applicant.
- Medical certificate to be issued by the public hospital in case of PWD applicant
- In case of reservation, Applicants should provide the caste certificate duly issued by the tehsildar or an equivalent authority of the state in which He/she resides.
The mode of conduction of the Aptitude examination will be based on different cities at different centres with the availability of the mediums of English and Hindi.
How to Apply for Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Fellowship?
To Register for Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Fellowship, one needs to follow the procedure provided below:
- Visit the Official Web portal of Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana.
- Now the homepage will be displayed in front of you.
- Tap on the option of the Application being displayed upon the menu bar.
- Now the homepage will be redirected to the Application window
- The Application form will comprise the instructions on the initial page. The applicant is advised to read the instructions and click on the Tick bar displayed at the bottom to provide consent to the procedure and Tap on the Register button being displayed on the bottom.
- Inside the Application form, the Applicant will have to follow the systematic procedure as shown below:
- The initial section will be of personal detail where the applicant will need to provide the contact, name, address, email etc.
- The next section will be of Academic details where the Applicant will need to write down the Education information in the textbox such as schooling, examination details, Board of education, Field of study etc.
- The third section will be of the Test centre and Upload. Inside the test centre, Applicant will need to write down the 3 nearest and compatible examination centre of his/her reach and then after have to upload the asked Documents such as a digital photograph, Signature, Domicile, High school/Intermediate/ Graduation mark sheet etc. and preview the application before tapping on Submit button.
- On successful filling of the application form, the applicant will be redirected to the payment gateway whereby the Application fees as per the category will be charged. The payment shall be done via Debit card, Credit card, RTGS/Net Banking, BHIM UPI or any other available source of payment in the gateway.
- On successful payment, the application fee will be deducted and the applicant shall download the receipt for future reference regarding the Admit card/counselling etc. Note: The application amount debited is non refundable.
How to Download the Admit Card for KVPY Application?
To download the admit card for the Aptitude test for KVPY fellowship, Applicant needs to follow the steps provided below:
- Open the official portal of Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana.
- On the homepage being displayed, click on the Application option being displayed in the menu bar.
- Once the new window of the application appears, click on the Download Admit card being displayed.
- Now you will be landing upon the Login portal of the KVPY Application.
- Hereby, Applicant will need to provide the LOGIN credentials such as username and password created during the time of Registration.
- On the successful LOGIN, the Dashboard of your application will be opened in front of you.
- The applicant will need to write down the Registration Number along with the password a inside the column and click on the submit button.
- Your admit card containing the centre and timing of the Aptitude test will be displayed in from of the screen.
- Applicant is advised to download the admit card, take the hardcopy of the same visit the aptitude centre with the Admit card during the time of examination.
Note: Result of the Aptitude test will either appear in the format of Merit list pdf or shall be accessed through the Dashboard of the Application stating the Answer keys, Marks obtained and status of selection.
Examination centres for KVPY Application
The Aptitude test of the scholarship will be held on the cluster of 4 regions: Northeast and east, Western and central, South and North. We have provided the tabular representation of the centres where the Aptitude test will be heldas per the region:
|East and North east||Bhagalpur, Muzaffarpur, Patna (Bihar), Bhilai Nagar, Bilaspur, Raipur (Chhattisgarh), |
Bokaro, Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi (Jharkhand), Berhampur, Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack, Rourkela, Sambalpur (Orissa), Naharlagun (Arunachal Pradesh), Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Silchar, Tezpur (Assam), Imphal (Manipur), Shillong (Meghalaya), Agartala (Tripura), Asansol, Burdwan, Durgapur, Hoogly, Kalyani, Kolkata, Siliguri (West Bengal)
|Western and Central||Madgoan, Mapusa, Panaji (Goa)|
, Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodra (Gujarat)
, Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Ujjain (Madhya Pradesh),
Amaravati, Aurangabad, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Thane (Maharashtra)
|South||Kurnool, Rajahmundry, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh)|
, Belagavi, Bengaluru, Bidar, Chikkaballapura, Chikkamangaluru, Davanagere, Dharwad, Haliyal, Hassan, Hubballi, Kalaburagi, Mandya, Mangaluru, Mysuru, Puttur, Shivamogga, Udupi, (Karnataka)
, Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Warangal (Telangana)
, Alappuzha, Ernakulam, Idukki, Kannur, Kasaragod, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Pathanamthitta, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur (Kerala)
, Puducherry (Puducherry)
, Chennai, Coimbatore, Kanchipuram, Madurai, Nagercoil, Salem, Tiruchirappalli, Tirunelveli, Vellore (Tamil Nadu)
|North||Chandigarh (Chandigarh), New Delhi (Delhi), Ambala, Faridabad, Gurugram, Hisar, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Panipat, Rohtak, Sonipat (Haryana)|
, Jammu (Jammu & Kashmir)
, Leh (Ladakh)
, Amritsar, Bhatinda, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Patiala (Punjab)
, Ajmer, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Sikar, Udaipur (Rajasthan)
, Agra, Aligarh, Bareilly, Ghaziabad, Gorakhpur, Greater Noida, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Noida, Prayagraj, Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh)
, Dehradun, Haldwani, Roorkee (Uttarakhand)
In case of any query/suggestion/discrepancy in any process of Registration, Implementation, Applicant/scholars shall contact on the details provided below:
Call on the Phone number: 080-2293 2975 / 76/3537, 2360 1008 ( The applicant/scholar shall call between 10 am to 5 pm).
Fax : 080 – 2360 1215
Reach out at to
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)
Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru – 560 012
(the office and the help-desk services are closed on Monday)
Drop an email at- : firstname.lastname@example.org with the description of the concern.
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana FAQS
KVPY scholarship is for the meritorious students who have excelled in the field of Applied/Life sciences which carves out top promote the interest of the students in the field of research and development in the science.
Under the KVPY fellowship, the graduation scholars are granted a monthly stipend of Rs 5000 and a yearly entitlement of Rs 20000 whereas the Postgraduate scholars are offered Rs 7000 of the monthly stipend and Rs 28000 for the annual entitlement.
The application fee for the KVPF fellowship is Rs 1250 for the candidates belonging to the generalk section and Rs 650 for the candidates under reserved category.
KVPY fellowship is a single source fellowship. Hence, the applicants shortlisted can avail only one scholarship at a time. If found to be the beneficiary of the other source of fellowship, the applicant’s admission will be terminated.
Yes! To ensure the student’s preparation and providing them with a better share of enhancement, The KVPY’s web portal contains the Download section for Mock test which on clicking will open the Downloadable pdf for application.