Digital India Portal: On July 1, 2015, the Government of India launched the initiative called ‘Digital India‘ with the aim to provide high-speed internet and strengthen the online infrastructure of service on Digital medium. The Digital India campaign boosted the citizens with digitization over traditional methods of accessing the services of the government and promoting digital literacy.
To enhance Digital India, the government of India ensured adding up to the initiative with similar groundwork by the advent of providing Digital India Portal to be accessed by all the citizens of the country. In this article, we have elaborated the whole information about the Digital India portal, the services it offers, registration procedure, aim, and merits along with the other options in the Web portal.
- 1 About Digital India Portal
- 2 Key Traits and Benefits of Digital India
- 3 How to Login into Digital India Portal?
- 4 How to Register on the Digital India Portal?
- 5 How to Recover the Password in Digital India Portal?
- 6 How to Download the Application Forms from the Digital India Portal?
- 7 How to access the Training Manual in the Digital India Portal?
- 8 Important Links
- 9 Digital India Portal Helpdesk
- 10 Digital India Portal Related – FAQs
About Digital India Portal
Digital India portal is a subsidiary of the government majorly owned by the venture of experts who are in the business of granting the services of the public work since the year 2017. The major role of the company is to link and build the connection with the people who are interconnected with the portal such as customers, service vendors, dealers, commercial bodies, and providers of the framework.
The Digital India Portal comprises the amalgamation of various digital services of the service provider in a common portal which grants the e-governance services with the additional option of online payments. The portal has proved to be a beneficial platform and employment generating and service platform for various service providers and Kiosk holders of regional platforms as they get the customers from various end assimilating for the various government services in exchange for service charges.
This portal supervises and monitors the franchises of various regions with respect to the service providers of the concerned regions located to the nearest reach of the client. Thus, real-time service and transactions are assured from the portal’s officials end. Also, Digital India has a term fixation with the service providers of the various region which needs to renew with the passage of time period in order to remain as an authenticated body of legit acknowledgment receipt and Registration form of the service provider.
Mission of Digital India Portal
Launched to cater the online services and boost the Digital medium for a widespread and instant reach, the mission of Digital India is to empower the people associated with every class with each other and granted a renowned service instantly and creating the possibility of generating employment opportunities. It also aims to promote creativity and innovation to the larger audience ultimately adding to the Gross Domestic Product and national income of the country.
Vision of Digital India
With the main slogan of ” World’s fast-moving service“, it is constant and deliberate to provide e-services at a global reach. The Vision of Digital India empathises with the need for the advent of information technology in various spheres of citizen’s life. Hence, it visions to come out as a medium for ease of access of Digital services of the government.
Key Traits and Benefits of Digital India
Since the day of its inception, Digital India has gained widespread acclaim in bringing the digital transition to the national level. Provided below are some of the key features:
- The Digital India platform has to lead to the removal of geographical barriers in the country as one shall access, register, track the application through the online medium of the portal.
- Digital India portal has ensured the effectiveness and efficiency of the service.
- The Digitisation process under Digital India has lead to the removal of middlemen and unfair practices of traditional platforms. It has thus ensured to bring transparency through direct access to the required service.
- Digitisation with the prime concern to the Village peoples has eliminated the traditional forms of registration making the villagers also stand out with the advent of Digital literacy and service exposure for Digital infrastructural development.
- Digital India portal has limited the usage of paper for the documents/currency by providing the alternative of online access and distribution of documents and secured cashless payment.
- All the services under the portal are free and verified by the government’s end.
- The applicant is provided with individual registration credentials making it to be more specific and avoiding confusion with other application.
- The Digital India platform is laced with Digilocker also which facilitates access and security to the users’ file and documents with one-tap access.
- The citizen services of the portal grant the facilitation of Bill payment recharges, insurance, Voter Id/Pan card creation, etc. which plays a crucial part in the user’s everyday life. and at the same time ensures the employment generation and stability through the revenue to be generated to the Kiosk/service providers.
How to Login into Digital India Portal?
Once the registration is successful and the user is provided with the Login credentials, He/She shall log in into the Digital India portal by following the steps provided below:
- Post the ID and password been provided to the applicant, the candidate is ought to visit the Official web portal of Digital India
- Now the homepage will appear on the screen.
- Now on the homepage, Tap on the Login option located at the rightmost corner of the menu bar.
- You will be redirected to the Login window of Digital India as shown in the image below
- The Sign-In portal will comprise the Vendor-Id, password, and the CAPTCHA.
- Applicant needs to enter the Vendor/Registration ID provided during the time of registration into the registered mobile number or email address in the first textbox
- In the 2nd textbox, the Applicant needs to write the password created during the registration phase.
- The third and the last textbox is for the CAPTCHA generated above the textbox to be written on the textbox exactly.
- Lastly, Applicant shall Tap on the SignIn/ LOGIN button displayed on the bottom of the CAPTCHA textbox.
- On successful LOGIN, the dashboard of the candidate will be opened on the screen.
How to Register on the Digital India Portal?
To Register on the Digital India Portal, Applicant needs to follow the step-by-step procedure provided below:
- Applicant needs to Go to the official web portal of Digital India.
- Now the homepage of Digital India will appear on the screen.
- Hereby the Candidate should look into the components displayed on the menu bar
- The Applicant shall go for the registration from the 2 ways:
Via Login Portal
To Register, Applicant needs to abide the procedure provided below:
- Visit the Official web portal of Digital India.
- Once the Homepage appears, Click on the Login option being displayed at the right corner of the menu bar.
- Now the Applicant will be landing on the Sign-In portal.
- Here, the Applicant will need to click on the Register button displayed beneath the SIGN IN button.
Via Franchise Registration
- To Register, Tap on the Franchise Registration being displayed at the centre of the Menu bar.
- Now you will be redirected to the Franchise registration portal.
- Before the opening of the registration window, A pop-up window will appear on the screen
- The pop-up form will comprise the questions pertaining to the owning of a Laptop, printer, better access to the Internet, and whether he/she has a KIOSK.
- If the Applicant feels to fulfill the criteria, then He/She may click on YES whereas Clicking on No will display the message of ineligibility
- On clicking Yes and accepting the requirements, The Franchise Registration form will be displayed in front of the screen. The same registration form shall also appear through the Registration Login portal.
- The Registration form will comprise the asked Personal details along with the textbox. The candidate will be required to provide the following details in the form:
- Official Name
- Contact Number
- State(from the drop-down section)
- Name of the Certified Retail shop as per the standards
- PAN Card Number
- Email Address
- Address Details
- Pin code of the region
- Name of the country
- Field of Business(current)
- Personal Aadhar card number as Identity Proof(12 digits)
- Click on the Submit button displayed at the bottom.
- Now the next page will appear on the screen whereby the Applicant will have to upload all the asked documents in the Upload section such as
- Scanned copy of the Aadhar and PAN Card
- Scanned copy of the passport size photograph and Signature as per the mentioned dimensions
- The format of uploading the file is JPG and the size of the file should not exceed 300 kb.
- Lastly, the Applicant should preview the details entered in the Application form and Click on the Submit button
- On successful registration, The Applicant will be notified about the status of registration, provided with the log in credentials on successful registration, and granted permission from the authorities of the Digital India portal to officially lend the services of Digital India to the regional customers
NOTE– Applicants who are applying for Registration into Digital platforms are ought to be the commercial service providers who must have basic utilities of Cyber services and should have a KIOSK or shop to operate the services.
How to Recover the Password in Digital India Portal?
Applicant shall recover the password from the portal by following the steps provided below:
- Go to the Official website of Digital India
- Once the homepage opens, Tap on the Login option displayed at the right corner.
- Now the user will be redirected to the Login page of the Digital India portal.
- Here, the Applicant needs to tap on the Forgot Password button
- Now the Forgot password will be displayed in front of the screen
- Hereby Applicant is required to write up the Email address or password or the vendor ID whichever he/she remembers or has registered through.
- Tap on the Submit button
- Now an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number or the email address of the applicant.
- Applicant needs to provide the same into the textbox provided.
- Write down the new password, secure it for future reference and click on the submit button.
- Your password will be successfully recovered and updated and will ensure your LOGIN once your Sign into the portal.
How to Download the Application Forms from the Digital India Portal?
To access the list and Download the Application forms from the Digital India Portal, the user needs to follow the steps below:
- Go to the official website of the Digital India portal
- Upon the homepage, tap on the “Downloads” from the menu bar.
- Now the download portal will open in the screen in which the Available Public application forms will be present along with their respective links to Download as shown in the image below.
How to access the Training Manual in the Digital India Portal?
Training manual is the corner that basically has been designed and developed for the convenience of the service provider in order to excel through the procedure of Registering, tracking,Login etc. To access the training manual in the Digital Portal, one needs tofollow the steps provided below:
- Visit the official portal of Digital India
- Once the homepage opens, upon the homepage click on the Training Manual section displayed on the menu bar
- Now the Training manual page will appear on the screen whereby the complete process from registration till the print receipt of the instant services of the web portal will be provided. Hereby, we have provided the tabular representation of the services training videos along with the link:
|Sr.||Services||Trainning Videos||Watch Video|
|1.||Wallet recharge||How to add money into the wallet from Paytm, Freecharge Phonepe, Google pay or other UPI apps?||Watch Video|
|2.||Wallet recharge||Recharge wallet from sbi quick transfer||Watch Video|
|3.||Pan Card||How to apply for registering for PAN Card in Digital India||Watch Video|
|4.||Pan Card||How to apply online trust firm PAN card on digital india portal||Watch Video|
|5.||Pan card||How to fill individual offline form 49a on digital india portal||Watch Video|
|6.||Pan card||How to fill trust, firm offline form 49a on the digital India portal?||Watch Video|
|7.||Pan card||How one shall resolve the Hindrance of blocking of PAN card?||Watch Video|
|8.||Pan card||How to convert jpg to pdf or vice versa on the Digital India portal?||Watch Video|
|9.||Pan card||Due to the cancellation of PAN card applied, not authentic from Aadhaar||Watch Video|
|10.||pan card||How to create PDF with CANON G2000 printer on Digital India portal||Watch Video|
|11.||Pan card||How to create PDF with EPSON L380 printer on Digital India portal||Watch Video|
|12.||Pan card||How to create PDF from HP INKJET printer on Digital India portal||Watch Video|
|13.||Income Tax Return||What is the process of filing ITR from Digital India?||Watch Video|
|14.||GST||What is the process of Registering both composite and regular GST on the portal of Digital India?||Watch Video|
|15.||Electricity DTH Mobile Recharge||What is the process of payment of Daily utility bills such as Electricity, Water, DTH, Phone recharge etc.?||Watch Video|
|Digital India Registration Portal||Click here|
|Digital India Login Portal||Click here|
|Digital India Download Section||Click Here|
|Digital India Training manual||Click here|
Digital India Portal Helpdesk
Users/Applicants in case of any query/suggestion/complaint or a feedback shall contact the designated associates at 9368372889, 9368398663, 9368546898, 7017784029, 7668034958, 7668039141
The availability of the Helpline associates will be from 10 am to 5 pm from Monday to Saturday. Sunday is marked as a holiday and the customers should avoid calling between 2 pm to 2:30 pm due to the Lunchtime.
Further, the Clients shall also write to the concerned authorities via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, Applicants are hereby informed that the portal incurs no charges from the users/ applicants. Therefore in case of any message or call received for the same, mark it as spam or bring it into the notice of the details of the associated provided above.
Digital India Portal Related – FAQs
Digital India portal grants the services of recharging the DTH/Mobile, Payment of Household Bills, applying for Pan card/ passport/voter ID /come tax return. Goods and Services bill, insurance of vehicle, shopping domain etc. and other such utilities.
One shall do the payment through traditional mediums like NEFT(national Electronic funds transfer), RTGS, or through a modern form of payments like BHIM, UPI, etc.
Digital India has got the approach of ease of access and reduction of Middlemen. hence there is transparency and the customer from receiving end shall get to access all the information along with their transaction history and track status.
Franchise registration is an option appearing in the Digital India portal which is meant for the KIOSK holders or the service providers of the regional network to register their KIOSK or shop under the Digital India portal making them the certified Service providers of Digital India
One can log in into the Digital India portal, by opening the official homepage of the Digital India portal and clicking on the log in option displayed on the right side of the menu.