CRPF SI Recruitment- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) invites the applications from the interested youngsters on time to time. CRPF offers jobs to the eligible candidates on various posts and SI is one of them. To take suitable candidates onboard CRPF conducts a recruitment examination. In the recruitment exam candidates’ Physical ability and intelligence both qualities get evaluated. CRPF is one of the best places for the young Indians to join and this is why many youngsters want to join it. So to help them in their preparation for the CRPF Recruitment we have given detailed information about CRPF SI Recruitment here.
It is a must for the candidates to check their eligibility before making their mind to get some job. For the jobs related to Police and Defence, it is a must for an applicant to fulfill all the physical requirements first then they will have to clear the Physical Eligibility Test as well. For the post of SI in CRPF along with PET, the contenders have to clear a written test as well.
If you are one of the job seekers who look at CRPF as the best place for them and want to serve the country through this job then here you can get detailed information. This information will help you in your preparation for the recruitment in CRPF on the SI post. In this article, we have given detailed information about the CRPF SI Exam Pattern and Syllabus but first, have a quick look at the eligibility criteria set for this post.
- 1 Eligibility to become SI in Central Reserve Police Force
- 2 Selection Process for Sub Inspector in CRPF
- 3 Written Exam Pattern FOR SI In CRPF
- 4 CRPF SI Exam Syllabus
- 5 CRPF SI Cut Off Marks
- 6 How to prepare for CRPF SI
Eligibility to become SI in Central Reserve Police Force
- To apply for the CRPF SI the age of the candidate should be not more than 30 years.
- The eyesight of the applicants must be as follows; Eyesight for Near Vision (corrected vision) J.I (better eye); J.II (worse eye)
- Eyesight for Distant vision – better eye (corrected vision) – 6/6 or 6/9. Worse eye 6/12 or 6/9
- The height of the male candidates should be a minimum of 170 cms. (5 cms. The relation for Adivasis or Tribals) Chest-81 cms. (A minimum of 5 cms. of expansion; tribals 77-82cms.
- The physical requirement for the female candidates are as follows; 157 cms. of height (154-155 cms. for Adivasis or Tribals)
- Candidates with Flat feet, Knock knees, squint in eyes, and physical defects are not eligible to apply.
- The candidates must have passed the matriculation or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
Also check: How To Join CRPF After Class 12th
Selection Process for Sub Inspector in CRPF
If you are eligible to apply for Sub Inspector post in CRPF here is the selection process for the aforementioned post.
- Physical Test – Applicant will get screened to check their physical eligibility concerning their height, weight, chest, and eyesight measurements as per the requirement.
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET) – After clearing the physical test the candidates will have to undergo the Physical Efficiency Test (PET). This part of the selection process includes a race or event for a distance of 1.6 km to which the applicant must have completed within 9 minutes.
Written Test – Written test will be the third part of the selection process only those candidates will participate in this who have cleared the earlier examination. Here the applicant will have to face written tests of following topics;
- Hindi or English LanguageGeneral Intelligence
- Numerical Aptitude
- Clerical Aptitude
- Descriptive Paper (Essay writing and letter writing)
The written examination tests candidates on the following and comprises 225 marks in total.
- Personal Interview or Skill Test: On clearing the written test you will be called for this round. The transcription test will be computer-based and the dictation test will be in shorthand strokes.
- Medical Examination: After clearing all three levels of the exam the applicant needs to undergo a medical examination which is conducted by an authorized doctor.
Pay scale For CRPF Sub Inspector
The selected candidates will receive the monthly salary of Rs 9,300 to Rs 34,800 with additional grade pay of Rs 4,200 per month. They will also get Rs 5,200 to Rs 20,200 with an additional grade pay varied between Rs 2,000 and Rs 2,800 per month for the other posts.
Written Exam Pattern FOR SI In CRPF
In the written exam conducted to select suitable candidates for the post of SI in CRPF objective type questions are asked. The question paper is bilingual and questions are asked in Hindi and English both languages. The duration of the written exam will be 2 hours. Questions of Physics and Chemistry will be of 12th standard in this exam. For the post of SI (Civil), the questions will be asked from civil engineering.
Here have a look at the tables given below to understand the exam pattern of written examination for SI;
|1.||I||Professional Knowledge (Civil)||50||50|
|3.||III||Physics/ Maths/ Chemistry||25||25|
CRPF SI Exam Syllabus
Now you already know about the eligibility criteria and selection process for Sub Inspectors in CRPF. So now you must want to know its syllabus as well. So go through the details given below. In this section, we have compiled the syllabus for SI CRPS in detail.
Professional Knowledge – Civil Engineering
- Structural Design.
- Hydraulic Engineering.
- Open Channel Flow.
- Engineering Economy & Management.
- Surveying & Measurement.
- Engineering Mechanics.
- Mechanics of Solids.
- Engineering Materials & Constructions.
- Environmental Engineering.
- Elementary Engineering.
- Structural Analysis.
- Transportation Engineering.
- Soil Mechanics & Foundations.
- Public Health Engineering.
- Transport Phenomenon.
- Hydrology & Water Resources.
- Energy Conversion.
- The Design of Hydraulic Structures.
SI exam syllabus 2020: General Awareness
- Abbreviations and Economic Terminologies.
- Current Ministers & Governors.
- Summits & Conferences
- Books & Authors.
- Current Affairs.
- Indian Financial System.
- Capitals & Currencies.
- Science & Technology.
- Government Schemes etc.
- Indian History.
- General Science.
- Indian Geography.
- Countries & Capitals.
- Indian Constitution.
- Current Events – National & International.
- Indian Culture & Heritage.
- Countries & Currencies.
- Indian National Movement.
CRPF SI Syllabus: Physics
- Thermal Physics.
- Electricity and magnetism.
- Sound and Mechanical waves.
- General Units and Dimensions.
- Modern Physics.
CRPF SI Exam Syllabus: Maths
- Fundamental Arithmetical Operations.
- Decimals and Fractions.
- Number Systems.
- Relationship Between Numbers.
- Ratio & Proportion.
- Simple Interest.
- Profit & Loss.
- Computation of Whole Numbers.
- Time & Work.
- Use of Tables and Graphs.
- Time & Distance.
CRPF Sub Inspector exam syllabus 2020: Chemistry
- Chemical & Ionic Equilibrium.
- Mole Concepts.
- Chemical Kinetics.
- Solid state.
- Gaseous and Liquid States.
- Atomic Structure and Chemical Bonding.
- Measurements in Chemistry.
- Colloidal state.
- Metals and metallurgy.
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties.
- d-Block Elements.
- s-Block elements.
- f-Block elements.
- p-Block elements.
- Aromatic compounds.
- Reactive Intermediates.
- Amino Acids and Proteins.
- Carboxylic acids.
- Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers.
- Basic concepts.
- Alkenes and Alkynes.
CRPF SI Cut Off Marks
Cut off marks are the marks that a candidate needs to score in the exam to clear it. The cut off marks may vary from one year to another as it depends on various subjects like number of applicants, available posts, and category of the candidates, etc. Here have a look at the CRPF SI cut off marks for previous years.
|Category||Cut-Off Marks in Each Paper|
CRPF SI EXAM Analysis
As we have mentioned earlier the recruitment examination of sub Inspector in SI is conducted in various steps. The most crucial rounds are the physical eligibility round and PET round. Though you can train yourself for the PET but for the measurement round all you can do is to accept the result declared by CRPF. If we talk about the written exam for SI in CRPF then we will find its difficulty level is easy to moderate. For the civil post, the questions asked in the professional knowledge exam are based on your syllabus of Engineering, and for Physic and Chemistry, you can rely on NCER books for 10+2. The difficulty level of the exam has been constant from the last few years.
How to prepare for CRPF SI
Here are some basic tips that will help you in your preparation for CRPF SI post;
- Start your day with the race so that your body will become habitual of it and you can clear the PET easily.
- Practising previous years’ question papers will help you to understand the exam pattern. When you practice it you also try to speed up according to the exam duration.
- Practice each topic daily as it exam it is a must to score minimum cut off marks in each exam.
- Always buy the books for your preparation from the well-known publishers as your study material must be good to score good marks in the written exam.
Disclaimer – All the data are taken from here is of the previous years, we will update it as soon as new data is released. We advise readers to visit the official site to get more information. We are only writing this article for educational reference purpose of CRPF SI recruitment.