Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran Yojana: The Odisha Government has come across with recently launched scheme called Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran Yojana. Basically meant for the pass-out intermediate students, this scheme is accountable to distribute free laptops to the students who have been meritorious throughout the academic year and have excelled in their stream/field. As per the scheme, the general phase as of now will cover up around 15000 meritorious students with commendable performance in getting the laptops for the year 2020-21. The ones who will be shortlisted as per the scheme can expect to get the laptops granted by December 2020. The Biju Sashaktikaran yojana cover ups the students of all the fields i.e. Commerce, Humanities, Science, etc.
- 1 About Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran Yojana
- 2 Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran Yojana: Latest Update 2021
- 3 Features of Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran Yojana
- 4 How to Apply for Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran Scheme (Offline)?
- 5 How to access the list of Meritorious students under Biju Yuva Sashaktikaranscheme?
- 6 How to Login into SAMS for Laptop Distribution scheme?
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
About Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran Yojana
Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran Yojana, often referred as the Laptop distribution scheme is the scheme launched by CM Naveen Patnaik with a goal of self-development and knowledge enhancement of the individual. Since all the beneficiaries are prone to get covered by the end of December 2020, therefore the government of Odisha in order to achieve the parameters of distribution has set up the 30 nodal centers from where the shortlisted applicant will be granted the Laptops. The foremost consideration for shortlisting hereby will be the academic mark. Therefore candidates are required to apply only if they stand out in all the parameters of eligibility.
Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran Yojana: Latest Update 2021
Since the inception of the Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran Yojana from 2013, the meritorious students of intermediate are granted the Laptops for free. But for the year 2021, considering the pandemic the BJD government has extended the deadline for the application for the scheme to 15th May,2021 and in place of free Distribution of Laptops for the shortlisted candidates, the beneficiaries will be now entitled to Rs 30,000 via Direct Benefit transfer to their Bank accounts. This alternative move will be significant for the beneficiaries as they can utilize the sum for academics purposes or for the purchase of Laptops.
Overview of Odisha Free Laptop Distribution
|Name of the Scheme||Odisha Free Laptop Distribution|
|Launched By||Mr. Naveen Patnaik (C.M of Odisha)|
|Scheme Application Availability||Til December 2020|
|Benefit||Free distribution of Laptops|
|Beneficiaries||For the meritorious students excelling in academics|
|Scheme under||Odisha State Government|
|Official Website of the scheme||dheodisha.gov.in/|
|Total shortlisted students||15000|
Objective of Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran Scheme
The core aim behind launching the scheme was to enhance the quality of meritorious students by overcoming the hindrance of technology. As laptops play a crucial part in providing exposure in creative interface and preparation through the internet and other platforms. Therefore, the scheme was launched by the Honourable Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik of Odisha.
Features of Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran Yojana
The providance of Free laptops under the Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran has its fair share of immense benefits. These are as follows:
- The distribution of laptops adds to the overall growth of the meritorious students for higher education.
- The government is providing laptops for a total number of 15000 beneficiaries with an aim of Human Resource Development of the beneficiaries.
- The expected time to deliver the laptops is December 2020 which will inspire the government to resume the service every year for the students with commendable performances.
- The laptops will ultimately provide the beneficiary with self-development, self-improvement and will add to the knowledge of the beneficiary.
- The distribution of the laptops will be in a decentralised manner with the setup of 30 nodal centres from where the shortlisted students will be granted the laptops.
- Students who have shown all-around excellence in their respective fields will be entitled the obtaining laptops.
Required Documents for Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran Scheme
Provided below is the list of documents required for the Odisha free laptop scheme:
- Aadhar Card of the Applicant
- Any identity certificate issued by the government of India
- All the certificates of the academics of the candidate
- Intermediate Marksheet
- Certificate of Residence of the candidate
- Birth certificate of the applicant
- Reservation certificate duly issued by the tehsildar or equivalent gazetted authority
- Legit email and Contact credentials
Eligibility principle for Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran Scheme
Provided below are the eligibility principles of Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran Scheme:
- The applicant is ought to be a permanent citizen of Odisha and should currently reside in Odisha.
- An applicant who is a student of intermediate shall apply for the scheme
- The students should have obtained intermediate education from a government school in Odisha.
- The academic excellence of the student should be at par to obtain the laptop.
- The minimum eligibility criteria to get shortlisted is 70% marks in the examination
- Age criteria of the applicant should lie between 18 to 25 years.
- For the scheme, there has been the addition of Sri Jagannath Sanskrit university also along with the eligibility relaxation provided to the ones who have received the Upashastri Degree in Sanskrit.
Laptop Distribution Details under Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran Scheme
The laptops distribution of the state is in accordance with the streams as follows:-
How to Apply for Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran Scheme (Offline)?
To apply for Odisha Yuva Free laptop scheme , applicant needs to follow the procedure provided below:
- Firstly, Visit the Official website of the Higher Education Department, Government of Odisha. or Directly click on the Application form link to open the webpage
- The Application form pdf will be displayed in front of the screen.
- The application form will be divided into 3 segments
- Segment 1 will comprise the personal details of the Applicant in which, Applicant will need to provide the following details:
- Applicant’s name
- Father’s/spouse name
- Address(both permanent and correspondent)
- Institution name
- Name of the course pursued along with the year
- Affix the nature of the disability certificate(only meant for the candidate handicapped)
- In case the free laptop already granted before(tick mark with yes or no)
- Now comes segment 2 of Undertaking. This is generally the column that an applicant is required to fill once he/she has gone through all the instructions and the details which have been provided into the form are true to his knowledge. This will contain the Date and signature of the Applicant.
Note: If any of the details come to be inappropriate or incorrect, then the Applicant’s application will be terminated immediately and may exempt the candidate from future application also.
- The third and last segment is of Recommendation of Head. It is to be noted that this form provides the authenticity that the student in the past has remained the bonafide student of the particular school and is eligible to apply for the scheme. Upon the form, The Principal or Head of the Institution drop down the signature and provides the consent of belongingness to the school.
What is Student Academic Management System(SAMS) ?
Student Academic Management System (SAMS) is an online database management system that contains the amalgamation of services of academics and updates and adjoins the institutional authorities with the parents and guardians about the whole information pertaining to the admissions to the academic bodies. In the earlier phase the entire phase from Application, Selection to Admission and other processes which now on a similar basis is adjoined and available on the web portal of the Higher Education Department.
How to Apply for Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran scheme (Laptop Distribution Scheme)?
To apply for the Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran scheme, we have provided the steps below to register:
- Visit the homepage of the SAMS web portal. Once the homepage opens, from the different sections being displayed, Tap on Higher Education
- Now the applicant/user will be redirected to the Higher Education degree column in the separate window. From here, User will need to Click on Laptop DBT Scheme
- In the new directed portal, Tap on New student register button (in case the applicant is not registered)
- The new registration window of SAMS will appear. Now the candidate will need to provide contact , email address and Tap on Generate OTP button.
- Generated OTP will lead to the OTP sent into the mobile number of the applicant which is to be provided at the textbox and hit on Submit button.
- Now the appeared Dashboard will be displayed in front of you. On the left side will be the Application Form hyperlink being displayed. Applicant needs to click on that. Post this, a new Application window will appear on the screen which is ought to be filled by the Applicant providing all the personal details, educational details and Documents update.
- Once the Application form opens, Applicant needs to provide the Roll no. guardians name.
- Thereafter, Applicant would need to provide the bank details and Aadhar details as shown in the picture below
- Lastly on the bottom provide the OTP sent into the registered number and enter the same in the given textbox.
- Once your Application form will be completed and submitted, await the shortlist notice on the official website of DHE Odisha.
How to access the list of Meritorious students under Biju Yuva Sashaktikaranscheme?
To access the list of the beneficiaries who have been shortlisted for the Yuva Sashaktikaran scheme, the user needs to follow the procedure provided below:
- Visit the Official portal of samsodisha.gov.in
- Once the homepage appears on the screen, click on the laptop Distribution section
- And the Academic year 2019-20 decentralized list on the basis of districts, districts code, streams etc. will appear in front of you as shown in the tabular representation below:
List of Meritorious Students
How to Login into SAMS for Laptop Distribution scheme?
Users shall Login into the portal through 2 ways. Follow the procedure provided below:
- Visit the online.samsodisha.gov.in web portal
- Now the 2 columns of Junior Application and Degree Application will appear
- Since you are applying for DBT scheme, therefore Tap on the Junior Application option.
- Now you will be redirected to the login portal of the SAMS.
- Hereby, the user will need to provide a Mobile number, password(created during the time of registration), generated captcha into the textbook, and Tap on SIGN IN button on the bottom.
- The Dashboard of the user will open on the successful login in front of the screen.
- In case the applicant forgets the password, then He/she may tap on Forgot Password button displayed just below the log in.
- In the new redirected window, enter the registered mobile number and tap on Generate OTP.
- The OTP generated will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the same into the portal and now you will get an option to create the new password into the portal.
- Applicant shall also Visit the official website of Student Academic Management System(SAMS)
- Now the homepage will appear in front of you comprising 4 parallel sections.
- Tap on the initial section of Higher Education
- Now a separate portal of Higher Education degree colleges will appear.
- Hereby, Applicant needs to Tap on ‘Laptop DBT scheme
- This will lead you to the Login portal of SAMS successfully.
Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran Helpdesk
In case the Applicant/beneficiary face any hindrance in the process of applicatiopn or have any suggestion for improvement or any complaint, He/she may dial
Write down the core concern to the email address – email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
For the Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran scheme/Laptop grant scheme, the applicant should have a minimum percentage of 70 scored in the examination.
The core objective of Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran scheme is to facilitate knowledge and self-development amongst the meritorious students by granting of Laptop to the shortlisted individuals for free.
As of now, Biju Yuva sashaktikaran scheme is providing 15000 laptops to the meritorious students of the state.
There has been 30 nodal centres alloted sa per the scheme fom where the beneficary as per the details provided will be able to get the laptop.
One shall expect the grant of laptop by the December 2020
SAMS stands for Student Academic management system. It is a portal that contains the database and information of all the activities of the admission and other relatable academic activites
No. Laptop Distribution scheme is alias Biju Yuva sashaktikaran scheme which aims to provide the growth of the commendable child by granting of Laptops to enhance the process of learning
Right now the registration portal of Laptop distribution scheme is defunct as of now as the already registered beneficiaries laptops are in process. However, once shall Login into the portal and check his dashboard for further updates.